SASA's chefs are a blend of many cultures and backgrounds from around the world.
Known in Japan as a restaurant and bar that serves savory tapas style dishes, izakaya is a cross between a sit down dinner and a night at the pub. It's a warm exchange of friendship, food and drink. SASA introduced izakaya to Cleveland. We welcome you to SASA- Izakaya & Asian Bistro.
While maintaining Japanese cooking traditions, SASA's menu reflects the diversity of its talented, passionate chefs. SASA is also committed to being green by recycling, composting, using energy saving light bulbs and biodegradable, recycled paper products whenever possible.
For more information on Shaker Square and other affiliates, please visit the websites below:
SASA in the Press
- "Sasa: Small plates brimming with fresh fusion on Shaker Square"- Cleveland.com, May 2016
- "Making of a Cocktail Menu" - Edible Cleveland, Apr 2016
- "Best of Cleveland 2011 [Food and Drink]: Best Japanese" - Cleveland Scene Magazine: Best of Cleveland 2011
- "SASA: Japanese tapas-style dining in Shaker Square" - Northeast Ohio A-List Dining Guide 2010
- "Best of Ohio" - Ohio Magazine, Jan 2010
- "Best Happy Hour" - Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday Magazine, Jan 2010
- "Happy Hour guide: SASA" - Cleveland Plain Dealer, Mar 2009
- "The Best of Cleveland - French Fries" - Cleveland Magazine, Oct 2008
- "Share your way to happiness and satisfaction" - Cleveland Magazine, Aug 2008
- "Five to Try" - Continental Airlines inflight magazine, Jun 2008
- "Impressive collection of sakes by the box or bottle, with helpful commentary" - Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday Magazine, Apr 2008
- "The standard of creative, fine food established at Matsu will no doubt continue, as will the outstanding selection of sakes by the glass and bottle" - The Wine Buzz, Jan/Feb 2008
- "The best bar snacks, bar none." - Scene, Dec 2007
- "The Sasa fries were hands down the best fries I've had in the states" - The Docket, Nov 2007